Love Egg Breaker Adventures? Hang out in chat? Then consider becoming a Volunteer Chat mod!
Moderator Application FAQIf you would like to become a moderator, help the community, and make a difference in people's lives, you are in the right place!
You must meet the following criteria to apply for moderator:
- You must be 18 or older.
- An account that has been active for 6 or more months.
- Active community participation (forum posts, chat, etc.) of helpful and considerate nature.
- No history of account abuse.
- You DO NOT need to be an expert on our games, or finished available content to be considered for a Moderation position.
- We DO expect that you will keep up to date with content, availing of yourself of the multiple sources of information (Blog, Forums, Wiki where applicable)
Chat ModeratorChat moderators interface real-time with community members via our in-game chats. As a chat moderator you:
- Must move quickly, and be able to respond in short, succinct phrasing to answer a player's question.
- Must not only be able to keep up with the conversation, but be attentive to multiple conversation threads at once - getting players to stop chatting for even a moment is nearly impossible.
- Must anticipate how their tone will be received - you cannot edit what you say in chat, once it is out there, players will NOT hesitate to copy and paste your exact answers back to you, to take out of context what you say.
- Must assume every question in chat is asked legitimately. Sarcasm in chat is never received the way it's intended. Drop it from your vocabulary entirely (no matter how SORELY you are tempted), and you'll miss less questions that way.
Application InformationThis is what you will need to know to successfully complete an application and increase your chances of becoming a moderator in one of our games.
The Rules of Applying for Moderation:
- Do NOT email us asking to be a mod if there are no openings listed.
- Do NOT email us asking how to become a mod (we expect that you have read this article.)
- Do NOT send multiple emails requesting to be a moderator.
- Do NOT start a forum thread about why you should be a moderator.
- Do NOT spam or promote inappropriate behaviour if your application is denied.
- DO show maturity with your in-game actions and posts. Be considerate of others, try to help new players. (Hint, these will be your primary activities if you are selected for Moderation training.)
- DO continue to work on your interpersonal skills and show maturity within the community. Grow your account and your in-game persona regardless if your application is accepted or denied.
Please complete the entire form and be as honest as possible. If we choose to proceed with your application, you will be contacted via email with further instructions.
Required ReadingA clear understanding of the following is REQUIRED*.
Chat & Forum Guidelines: http://codenameentertainment.com/?page=conduct
* Additional resources may be made available to the Moderators upon application acceptance.
The ResponsibilitiesAs a Codename Chat Moderator, you will be expected to:
- guide the community in acceptable behaviours and teach new players the game.
- Report any major bugs, harmful community trends or other emergencies directly to the Community Manager.
- Reports of any action taken while you are moderating.
- When you are playing the game, you are always a moderator. By becoming a moderator you sacrifice the option to play the game as only a player.
- Respond to player questions and explain why a player was silenced through private messaging.
- Report any inappropriate names or permanent bans that are needed to Support.
The PerksAs a CNE moderator, you will have the following perks and abilities:
- Text in chat will appear as a different colour, to help regular players identify your answers.
- Contact support to request bans for players violating our Rules of Conduct for Chat.
- You will be a trusted part of the community, in contact with the community and development team.
We are currently accepting applications for volunteer moderators for Egg Breaker Adventures on Facebook! If you would like to apply for a moderator position, please fill out this APPLICATION.
NOTE: We generally receive a large volume of applications; you will only receive a response if you are selected for the next stage in the selection process. Do NOT send us multiple emails or forms if you have not received a response. Doing so will immediately nullify your application.