Codename Entertainment is always looking for highly skilled and motivated people to join our ever expanding team. Our development team is a young, energetic group of extremely talented individuals with a passion for making casual, social games that everyone can enjoy. We actively support and develop multiple games, and are always looking for talented individuals who have a passion for making & playing games.
If that's you, send us an example of your game work (screen shots, a demo reel, or even a game demo) and tell us a little about why you like to make games.
Currently questing for:
- Programmer candidates should have a strong background in object oriented programming and database systems. (Java, C++, C#, PHP, PostgresSQL, MySQL)
- Artist candidates should have experience doing 2d animation and art specifically for games. Vector experience is a big plus. (Link us to your portfolio!)
If your specialization isn't listed or there are no open positions, don't fret! We may still want you! Shoot us an inquiry today!
Codename Entertainment works closely with higher education institutions to provide an awesome experience for incoming students. Codename Co-ops are completely enmeshed from day one with the development process, learning the ins, outs, ups and downs of game development first hand. Come spend a co-op term with us and get a taste of the fast paced world of indie game development!
Junior Game Programmer Co-op - Web/Mobile
As a Junior Game Programmer with focus on web and mobile, you will work with other developers to build features and tools for new and existing web and mobile games. This will involves client-side development largely in C#/Unity and AS3/Flash as well as some server-side in PHP and Java. You will need to be able to build an understanding of the complete development workflow and work in any part of the system from client to server as needed. Strong programming, problem solving, and logic skills are a must. You should enjoy finding creative solutions to difficult problems.
Description and Qualifications:
- Game programming experience in one or more of AS3/Flash, C++, C#/DirectX, C#/Unity, or OpenGL;
- Very strong object oriented programming skills.
- Ability to design, develop and draft functional specs as required during the development process;
- You must have the ability to work with minimum direction;
- Proficiency in both Unix and Windows environments;
- Work comfortably with MySQL;
- Strong logic and problem solving skills;
- Strong conceptual, production and communication skills;
Please note we have already filled our co-op position for the summer of 2016.
We fill one or more co-op positions each co-op term (Jan-Apr, May-Aug, Sept-Dec). To apply send us your resume and cover letter
8-10 weeks prior to the start of the relevant co-op term, or if you're a student at UVic, you can apply through the CSC/Engr co-op posting!
Check out our Co-op Hall of Fame!